Saturday, October 4, 2008

Psalm 23 or Channel 23?

In these times of technological advancement,it's always good to be reminded of God's words in scriptures.One of my favorite Psalms is the 23rd chapter.But the world has its own version,its Channel 23:

The TV is my shepherd,I shall not want
It made me lie down in the sofa
It leads me away from my faith
It destroys my soul
It guides me in path of sex and violence for the sponsors' sake
Yeah,even though I walk through the valley of christian responsibilities
There will be no interruptions
For the TV is with me
Its cable and remote control,they comfort me
It prepares a commercial before me in the presence of my worldliness
It anoints my head with consumerism and materialism
My coveting runneth over
Surely ignorance and laziness will follow me all the days of my life
And I shall dwell in the house watching TV forever.